1. DEFINITIONS – In these terms and conditions the term ‘Exhibitor’ means any person, firm or company who has made application for and who has been granted space at the Festival of Life event. The term ‘Event’ means the event detailed on the Space Application Form. The term ‘Organiser’ means the organiser identified on the Space Application Form or its assigns.
2. BADGE ALLOCATION – Badges will be allocated as per frontage booked. Vehicle passes, badges, complimentary passes and exhibitor packs will be dispatched to your address at least 14 days prior to the event.
3. PAYMENT – All payments for stand and space should be made one month before event day.
3.1. Any exhibitor whose cheque is not cleared through the banking system will incur a £20 surcharge, payable before Exhibitors booking can be accepted.
3.2. All cheques must be cleared 30 days before event day.
4. REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT – It’s mandatory for all Exhibitors to make a deposit of £100 “Refundable” toward property damage.
4.1. Where no damage has occurred, the full deposit will be reimbursed.
5. CANCELLATION OF STAND SPACE – Once the Organiser has accepted the Exhibitor’s contract by way of receipt, cancellation means that the Exhibitor will be obliged to settle in full for the stand space booked. Notification of cancellation must be in writing by recorded delivery. For the avoidance of doubt, the Organiser shall not be obliged to accept the Exhibitor’s notice of cancellation. The date of cancellation shall be the date the Organiser notifies the Exhibitor it accepts the Exhibitor’s notice. Upon cancellation made in writing 60 days prior to the event, a 50% refund will be repayable on the total amount due.
6. STAND SPACE AND EXHIBITS – The Exhibitor must occupy the space allocated to him by Event opening time on the first day of the event. In the event the Exhibitor fails to do so, he shall be deemed to have cancelled his stand space booking and the Organiser shall be entitled to sell or reallocate such stand space and the provisions of stand cancellation apply.
7. ELECTRICITY/POWER – All electricity bookings must be made in advance – maximum 500 watts per connection. Anyone who provides electrical equipment for their own use should, before it is connected to a supply, arrange for it to be inspected and tested by a competent electrician and a label affixed to it and a certificate issued giving the date of the test and the name of the person carrying out the test. Electricity will not be supplied to the Exhibitors until the certificate or the appliance is inspected by the Event Electrician. THE USE OF GENERATORS ON TRADE STANDS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. No kettles or coffee machines permitted on Exhibitors connections.
7.1. ELECTRICITY/POWER COMSUMPTION – All exhibitors will be liable for the cost of POWER consumed at their stall/stands.
7.2. CHAREGES – All charges received from venue will be passed on to the exhibitor
7.2.1. Power consumption cost with be deducted from the refundable deposit
7.2.2. Should the power consumption cost exceed the refundable deposit, the exhibitor will still be liable for the total balance of consumption cost.
7.2.3. All power sockets are supplied at standard 500 watts, all heavy equipment that require more than 500 watts, will require an socket with higher wattage at extra cost
8. SET UP – Exhibitors may enter the Arena between 1.00pm and 4.00pm to set up. Any Exhibitors who wishes to come onto the Arena before that time must notify the organisers beforehand.
9. OPENING TIMES – Stands must be open and ready to trade between 7.00pm and 5.00am.
10. SUB-LETTING – Sub-letting of stand space is strictly prohibited, non-compliance will result in the exhibit being removed from the Arena, and no refund will be given.
11. CANCELLATION OR CHANGE OF LOCATION OR DATE OF EVENT
a) In the event that by reason of any event outside the Organiser’s reasonable control (including without limitation, any strike or other industrial action involving the Organiser’s own work force) the Event or any part thereof is prevented from being held in a particular location or on a particular date, the Organiser shall be entitled in its absolute discretion to cancel, relocate or change the date of all or any part of the Event or reduce the planned period for preparation, display or dismantling of the Exhibition and in such event any refund of payments to the Exhibitor shall be at the absolute discretion of the Organiser. Such a refund, if given, shall be such proportionate share of the balance of the aggregate exhibit fees received by the Organiser in relation to the Event as the Organiser thinks fit after deducting expenses incurred by and reasonable compensation for the Organiser but in no case shall the amount of any refund to the Exhibitor exceed the amount paid by the Exhibitor nor shall the Exhibitor be entitled to review or audit any of the Organiser’s financial records.
b) The Exhibitor hereby acknowledges that in the event any of the circumstances referred to in Paragraph 9a occur, he shall have no right to any refunds, damages or expenses.
c) In the event the Event (or part thereof) is cancelled by the Organiser for commercial reasons, including without limitation, lack of support, then all payments made by the Exhibitor to the Organiser will be refunded, but the Exhibitor hereby agrees that in such circumstances they will have no further claim (whether for damages or otherwise) against the Organiser.
12. INSURANCE – All exhibitors must take out adequate insurance for the event
12.1. It is the Exhibitors responsibility to provide insurance for their stand including adequate public liability insurance cover.
12.2. All exhibitors must compile with all health and safety regulations
12.3. All exhibitors must provide evidence of the adequate insurance taken out for the event
13. DAMAGE – Exhibitors will be responsible for any damage caused by themselves or employees to fixtures, fittings or any building in the Arena. The organiser will deduct the full cost of any repairs from the refundable deposit made by the Exhibitors. Please refer to clause 4.
13.1. Should the cost of repair exceed the refundable deposit, the exhibitor will still be liable for the balance of the total repair cost.
14. SALE OF GOODS – The quantity and quality of goods sold from premises including temporary premises at the event will fall within the responsibility of the local Trading Standards Officers.
14.1. Exhibitor are only allowed to sell list of items submitted and approved during the registration process, any item outside this list submitted would not be allow.
15. SECURITY – The Organisers accept no responsibility for Exhibitors security. Exhibitors are advised to provide necessary security.
16. MERCHANDISE – Exhibitors shall not bring onto their stands or offer for sale any goods or services which bear the words “Festival of Life”, or any other words which express or imply an association with or the approval of Festival of Life.
17. TRANSMITTING EQUIPMENT – The use of transmitting equipment (e.g.: Radio – microphones, 2-way radios) is prohibited on the Arena during the Event unless prior permission is given. The Organiser will require at least one month’s notice detailing the frequencies, the power and the reasons for using the equipment. The Organiser reserves the right to limit the use of such equipment.
18. LITTER – It is the Exhibitors responsibility to ensure that during the event their areas are kept clean and free of litter. The Organiser will provide adequate waste bins and will arrange the disposal of any rubbish. ALL CASES AND WRAPPING SHOULD BE TAKEN AWAY AND DISPOSED OF BY THE EXHIBITORS. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN A CHARGE
19. INDEMNITY – I/We agree to indemnify Festival of Life, any claim or loss of expense as a result of my/our attendance of the event.
20. LEAFLETS AND OTHER CANVASSING are strictly prohibited at entrance and is only allowed at your designated stall(s).