Job Title: FOL Finance Officer
Reporting to: Head of Finance
Responsible for: Finance Assistants
Department: FOL Finance
Purpose of post: To ensure the smooth running of the financial functions of the organisation by ensuring compliance to the set procedures and regulations of the Regulatory Authorities, such as the Inland Revenue, Companies House and Charities Commission.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To prepare accurate, timely financial information and analysis report to notify leadership of the effect of significant trends (via reports for internal and external uses) and prepare monthly management reports and year-end financial reports as required.
- To develop an effective system of record keeping of all financial transactions and continually identify and implement opportunities to improve systems and processes that will enhance financial controls.
- To be responsible for ensuring accounts are processed, accurate reconciliations of accounts and open items cleared within reasonable time scales.
- To oversee all banking transactions, maintain accurate and up-to-date computer records of all financial transactions and ensure all items are reconciled.
- To oversee the collection, processing, depositing, recording and disbursement of all charity funds in accordance with established accounting principles and policies of the charity.
- To develop budgeting procedures and assist management in the preparation of budgets such as office, monthly, annual and events budget.
- To ensure monthly payments to Inland Revenue, Pension Funds and other 3RD parties are prepared and dispatched on an accurate and timely basis.
- To be responsible as point of contact for all parishes
- To operate an accurate Compliance schedule and co-ordinate the preparation of audit work.
- To monitor, train, supervise and work closely with the Assistant Finance Officer in ensuring the FOL Finance department is run in accordance with set procedures.
- To keep a detailed list of all fixed assets and ensure that they are depreciated accordingly.
- To assist with preparation of accounts for the charity
- To assist with the preparation of all tax filings for the charity and make sure all Inland Revenue and governmental obligations are met.
- To maintain a clear and detailed understanding of the systems used within the function.
- To liaise with and support leadership in all financial, accounting and business planning related matters.
- To perform all other relevant accounting related work and other duties as assigned by leadership/operations
Skills and Experience
Degree in Accounting or business related discipline and be ACCA part qualified.
Experience and working knowledge of Accounting systems and MS office.
Attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent leadership skills and ability to motivate staff.
Ability to prioritize own workload and meet deadlines.
Ability to work at evenings or weekends occasionally.
Team player who will contribute to ongoing improvement of procedures.